Cost of opening a restaurant / cafeteria in Dubai
Opening a cafeteria in Dubai, UAE is a great business opportunity considering it is home to professionals from all over the world. While a majority of them crave for food from their respective countries, many are eager to try new cuisine. Also, the fast-paced city leaves many with no time to cook.
Dubai is in the heart of one of the fastest-growing middle eastern economies attracting international investors. The food sector, especially restaurants and cafes, has witnessed significant growth in recent years. Therefore, starting a food business is not an easy task, especially when there is tough competition.
If you are planning to start a cafeteria business in Dubai, you need to obtain a relevant trade license from the Department of Economic Development (DED). However, it is also crucial to get certain food and safety permits from the Dubai Municipality to legally start a cafeteria in Dubai.
Requirements for opening a cafeteria in Dubai
Food safety requirements
To ensure food safety, your cafeteria must obtain:
- A food consignment release license
- A permit for all the vehicles that will be used for transporting food products
- A permit for handling and serving pork or any of its by-products
The space chosen to start a cafeteria should meet the following requirements:
- Have sufficient space to keep all the required equipment
- Have provision for disposal of waste
- Be fitted with smoke management system
- Have separate toilet and storage areas
- Have non-absorbent, washable, and fireproof walls, floors, and roof
- Be free from pests
- Have separate wash basins for utensils, vegetables, and meat
Documents required to obtain a cafeteria license in Dubai
Blueprints of various aspects of the cafeteria such as:
- Food processing and storage space
- Windows and ventilation system
- Entry and exit ways
- Sanitary spaces such as washrooms
- Location of washing areas
- Location of equipment used to prepare the food
For food safety department-approved food license:
- Initial approval by the Department of Economic Development (DED)
- The layout of the premise
- Approval from the planning department, if the cafeteria will be located outside a shopping complex
For trade license approval from the Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing:
- An application signed by the management of the company
- A Memorandum of Association (MOA)
- Attested company name approval letter from the DED
- Passport copies of all the business partners
Process of getting a cafeteria license in Dubai
- Decide on a name for the cafeteria and reserve it with the DED
- Find a local sponsor / service agent for business partnership
- Follow the guidelines provided by the food safety department
- In case you are renting a commercial space to open a cafeteria in Dubai, select a place as per the department’s guidelines
- Get the Ejari (tenancy contract) for the rented place
- Submit all the documents to the DED
- Apply for a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the Food Safety Department and approval from the Dubai Municipality
- Submit all the documents to the DED and get your cafeteria license in Dubai
What is the cost of opening a cafeteria in Dubai?
Starting a cafeteria business in Dubai involves planning, development, and government procedures. This means you must set aside a budget for your company formation. It is important to know that estimating the cost of your business setup depends on various factors.
Opening a cafeteria in Dubai needs investment in terms of time and money. The expenses involved in starting a cafeteria in Dubai may vary depending on the location, commercial space, number of employees, and other factors. Apart from planning the business and creating menus and price points, it is also essential to factor in the fess of governmental approvals and procedures.
There are several factors that add to the cost of opening a cafeteria in Dubai. Given below is a breakdown of the various fees you can expect to incur:
- Trade name reservation
- Tasheel fees for name reservation – AED 620
- Tasheel fees for initial approval – AED 115
- MOA notarization fees
- Ejari fees (Tenancy Contract Attestation)
- Issue trade license basic fees – AED 6,000
- Foreign trade name fees – AED 2,000
- Company stamp – AED 100
- Immigration card (establishment card) fees
- Market fees – 2.5% of annual office rent
- Labour file charges
- P.O box rental
- Update license with contact details
Start with Shuraa
Shuraa has designed special business setup packages keeping in mind all major expenses that you will incur during the initial stages of starting your cafeteria business in Dubai. Our comprehensive and affordable packages, will not only cover all your trade license-related costs but will also provide additional services such as investor visa renewals.
In addition to the costs mentioned above, you will also have to invest in suitable interiors, a kitchen, equipment, inventory, etc. For more information or to start your restaurant / cafeteria business in Dubai with Shuraa Business Setup’s exclusive packages, speak with our experts today! Call +97144081900 or WhatsApp us +971507775554 to book your FREE consultation. You can also drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.