Digital marketing license in Dubai: What, why, & how
The internet population in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region comprises 183 million users. In fact, the traditional ways of marketing products, services, and brands – printing advertisements in newspapers and magazines or putting up posters and hoarding boards – are fading away.
Today, most companies choose to promote themselves via electronic platforms such as search engines, websites, social media, mobile apps, and emails. Therefore, the same has created the demand for online marketing companies in Dubai.
All such companies need a digital marketing license in Dubai, and the business experts at Shuraa help you get the same at affordable rates.
What is the scope for digital marketeers?
Digital marketing agencies in Dubai help brands stand out in today’s competitive market. Not long ago, the pandemic forced economies globally to embark on their digitalisation journey for survival.
Simultaneously, the UAE also felt the accelerated shift from traditional ways of advertising to newer ones, giving a major boost to providers of digital solutions. According to researchers, 75% of MENA’s advertising spend is on digital and social platforms.
These include Facebook Advertising Network (Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp) and Google (YouTube videos). Be it cosy coffee shops or large corporations – businesses have accepted the importance of utilising the digital space for marketing themselves.
Although, only a handful have the expertise of how to do so. Moreover, the competition in the digital sphere is quite high, and so is the demand for expertise.
Why get into this business?
To understand the benefits of digital advertising, one needs to first understand what it constitutes. Some of the services provided by digital marketing companies in Dubai include:
- Developing websites and mobile applications
- Optimising web search engine (SEO)
- Managing social media
- Advertising on digital platforms
- Generating leads for sales
At a glance, these might appear doable at an individual level too. However, these require various inputs such as – extensive research, quality content, appealing creatives and accurate, sometimes even experimental, activations.
Nevertheless, as one of the most competitive industries with potential growth, setting up a internet marketing agency in the UAE is profitable. Some of the benefits include work flexibility and freedom. You, however, need to be up-to-date with evolving internet trends.
How to setup a digital marketing agency in the UAE?
To get started with your online marketing agency in the UAE, you first need “equipment”. These include computers or laptops, an excellent internet connection and great research skills. However, to legalise your business and start offering services, you must set up a company in Dubai.
Steps to start a digital marketing agency in Dubai
1. Choose a trade name
– Keep at least three options of desired trading names ready. Ensure that you follow all the naming convention guidelines while formulating these names. Furthermore, avoid using terms or words that have a reference to any religion.
– Note that you need to pay an additional fee for using a foreign trading name. Investors and business owners can consult with the business experts at Shuraa to understand more about choosing a trading name.
2. Understand which jurisdiction is best for your business
– Based on your budget, think about your office’s accessibility to clients as well as staff.
– You can proceed with a digital marketing agency set up on mainland or one of the free zones in Dubai.
– A free zone company offers affordable business setup solutions and lenient business laws. On the other hand, a mainland company can perform business operations within Dubai and all across the UAE.
3. Finalise your company structure
– You can have 100% ownership with sole establishment.
– A local service agent (LSA) can help you with the digital marketing business setup in the UAE. The best part is that the LSA doesn’t have any legal ownership in your company and only supports in the establishment process for a fee.
4. Prepare required documents
– The application will require you to submit passport copies of all partners, NoCs and approvals from relevant authorities etc. Here’s a curated list of documents you’ll need to submit to secure an online marketing licence in the UAE:
- Proof of ID and address for directors and shareholders
- Passport copies of your shareholders and directors
- Copy of trade name reservation
- Memorandum of Association (MOA)
- Articles of Association (AOA)
– You might also need to secure external approvals from various authorities depending on your business requirements. You cannot conduct any business activity that’s not covered under your issued licence.
5. Get your trade license
– Online marketing companies in Dubai need to obtain a professional trade licence from the Department of Economic Development (DED).
– You need to submit the documents discussed above to obtain a digital marketing licence in Dubai. All legal entities need a valid business licence to stay compliant with the protocols maintained by the UAE’s government.
– Note that you must renew your internet marketing licence each year to extend its validity. It is also recommended to renew the licence at least a month before its expiry.
Cost of setting up a digital marketing agency in Dubai
The services you acquire for setting up a digital marketing agency in Dubai will be subject to governmental charges. Some of these services include:
- Trade license
- Name approval
- Initial approval
- LSA notary fee
- Stamp of the company
- Tasheel fee
- Corporate service fee
- Business setup consultation
These formalities can be seamlessly done through reliable company formation experts at Shuraa business setup. Our corporate services help marketing agencies in Dubai start their companies for AED 18,500 (*T & C Apply) approximately. However, this price could vary depending on the chosen jurisdiction..
We help you secure a digital marketing licence in Dubai by taking care of all the documentation, translation work, etc. Our cost-effective business formation packages cater to all your needs!
To learn more about our exclusive package, call us on +971 44081900. You can also chat with us over WhatsApp at +971 507775554 or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.