What is a free zone in UAE?
Are you looking to start your dream venture in the free zones of UAE? There are a plethora of reasons for you to consider UAE, the land of opportunities and innovation. One of the most quintessential reasons being, it has emerged as the world’s hub for not only trade and business development but for everything required to kickstart anyone’s UAE dreams.
The world is at your disposal to conquer Dubai. There’s lucidness in doing business in the free zone because entrepreneurs receive government support, a class apart infrastructure and banking facilities that are highly secure making it a strategic location for any business enterprise.
What is a free zone?
Starting out a business in UAE would have you thinking, what is a free zone and why should an investor consider it? Well, free zones or free trade zones in UAE are commercial areas. They accelerate a smooth and strategic road map for not only goods but for services to be traded without tax and customs rates.
Free zones in UAE have a set of advantages for many reasons. Entrepreneurs enjoy the privilege of complete ownership of their business. This comes at a cost-effective incorporation and also recompenses of duty-free import and export. Alongside, a UAE residence visa hence making businesspeople eligible to open a bank account or engage in any financial amenities they require.
There are free zones in every Emirate, coming to a total of 45 in the whole of UAE. Each of them has diverse business activities and independent jurisdiction. Furthermore most of them are specialized zones that stipulate specific business activities within the free zone authority.
For example – The Dubai Healthcare City Free Zone ensures fundamental healthcare services, enticing the finest global and regional names in the medical field. The free zones offer a bespoke advisory facility. It gives the investors appropriate guidance to set up their business in UAE, whether onshore or offshore.
Why set up a business in a free zone?
UAE free zone offers companies the ease of setting up their business complimented by 100% foreign ownership. Starting a business here is easier than most parts of the country. Opening a company would make the owner eligible to apply for a UAE free zone visa.
The free zones extend a wide-ranging experience in strategy consulting with immense knowledge in setting up SME or large companies. They are resourceful and assist entrepreneurs in a hassle-free manner. Providing benefits like visa and residency permits, business registration, documents and agreements, banking assistance and office space. Adding to it, they are also particular with confidentiality conscious financiers as their information is not disclosed in public.
Advantages of free zone
A free zone visa entails a range of benefits in setting up a business in UAE. The number of businesses set up in these locations is a testament of how many success stories thrive in these locations, driving the economical quotient of UAE to an all-time high.
- 100% foreign ownership
- Complete exemption from custom duty
- Zero corporate taxes and income taxes
- 100% repatriation of capital and profits
- Corporate property on lease for up to 25 years
- Independent laws and regulation
- Fast and easy business set-up processes
- Developed business infrastructure
- An easy regional and global market approach
- Contemporary and sophisticated infrastructure
- Multiple choices at competitive costs
A list of free zones in UAE
- DAFZ (Dubai Airport Free Zone)
- DAZ (Dubai Auto Zone)
- Dubai Biotechnology & Research Park
- DUCAMZ (Dubai Car and Automotive City Free Zone)
- D3 (Dubai Design District)
- Dubai Flower Center
- Dubai Gold and Diamond Park
- DIC (Dubai Industrial City)
- Dubai International Academic City
- DIFC (Dubai International Financial Centre)
- Dubai Techno Park
- DIC (Dubai Internet City)
- Dubai Knowledge Village
- Dubai Logistics City
- DMC (Dubai Media City)
- IFZA (International Free Zone Authority)
- DMCC (Dubai Multi Commodities Centre)
- Dubai Outsource Zone
- DSO (Dubai Silicon Oasis)
- Dubai Science Park
- DSC (Dubai Studio City)
- Dubai Textile Village
- Dubai Technology and Media Free Zone
- International Media Production Zone
- International Humanitarian City
- JAFZA (Jebel Ali Free Zone)
- Jumeirah Lakes Towers Free Zone
- DWC (Dubai South)
- Dubai Production City
- ADAFZ (Abu Dhabi Airport Free Zone)
- Abu Dhabi Global Markets
- ADPC – Khalifa Port and Industrial Zone
- ICAD (Industrial City of Abu Dhabi)
- Higher Corporation for Specialized Economic Zones
- Masdar City Free Zone
- Hamriyah Free Zone
- Sharjah Airport International Free Zone
- USARTC (The U.S.A. Regional Trade Center Free Zone)
- Sharjah Publishing City Free Zone
- SHAMS (Sharjah Media City Free Zone)
- Sharjah Publishing City Free Zone
Ras Al Khaimah
- Ras Al Khaimah Economic Zone
- RAK Maritime City Free Zone Authority
- RAKIA (Ras Al Khaimah Investment Authority)
- Ras Al Khaimah Free Trade Zone
- Ras Al Khaimah Media Free Zone
- AFZ (Ajman Free Zone)
- Ajman Media City Free Zone
- FFZ (Fujairah Free Zone)
- Fujairah Creative City
Umm Al Quwain
- Umm Al Quwain Free Trade Zone
Get your free zone visa with Shuraa Business Setup
Are you looking to make your presence felt in the UAE free trade zones? All that is required is some time from your schedule, some necessary documentation, making you a business owner in UAE to secure all the gains that come with it in no time.
Our attractive packages for startups and SMEs allow entrepreneurs to convert their business ideas into reality. Shuraa Business Setup will help you establish your company with minimum hassle. In conclusion our expert corporate advisors handle the A to Z of company formation.
Expedite your entry into the UAE free zones today! To know how to acquire a visa, call us at +97144081900 or send a WhatsApp message on +971507775554. You can also drop in an email at email@example.com and get the answers to all your queries.