How to start a foodstuff trading business in Dubai Mainland?
If you are planning to start a foodstuff trading business in Dubai mainland or are willing to get a DED foodstuff trading license in Dubai, then you have made the right decision. Foodstuff trading business is an everblooming business in Dubai. The business has immense potential as most of the food supplies in the UAE are exported, imported, packaged and distributed.
Starting foodstuff trading business in Dubai mainland will surely offer a lot of business opportunities. In free zones, foodstuff trading is possible only with B2B companies, within the free zone or outside the country. But a foodstuff trading business in Dubai mainland allows companies to trade with anyone and anywhere inside as well as outside the country.
Nevertheless, there is a certain process of documentation and company formation that needs to be followed by traders willing to start a foodstuff trading business in Dubai mainland.
The company formation process for a foodstuff trading business in Dubai Mainland:
- Decide the trade name and get the Initial approval from Department of Economic Development (DED).
- Sign the Memorandum of Association (MOA) from Dubai notary public.
- Rent an office/ warehouse, get the tenancy contract along with the Ejari.
- Submit all the documents with the DED and collect the payment voucher.
- Submit the Ejari and the tenancy contract with to Dubai Municipality – Food Control Section.
- Make the final payment to the DED after all the document submission required to get the foodstuff trading license in Dubai.
- Get ready to start your foodstuff trading business in Dubai!
Documents required to start a foodstuff trading business in Dubai Mainland:
- Passport copy of shareholders.
- Visa page of the shareholder if in case he/she has a resident visa or visit visa.
- NOC letter if the shareholder has a resident visa.
- Emirates ID if the shareholder has a resident visa.
Role of Dubai Municipality:
Foodstuff trading business license is subject to Dubai Municipality rules and regulation. The Dubai Municipality holds a right to regulate it. The Food Control Department under Dubai Municipality authorises every foodstuff trading business license in Dubai Mainland.
What are the sub-activities that can be clubbed under foodstuff trading business in Dubai Mainland?
Here is the list of sub-activities that you may add under foodstuff trading business in Dubai Mainland.
- Egg Trading
- Flour Trading
- Ghee & Vegetable Oil Trading
- Grains, Cereals & Legumes Trading
- Ice Trading
- Juice Trading
- Mineral Water Trading
- Potatoes Trading
- Sugar Trading Business
- Spices Trading Business
- Snack Food Trading
- Soft Drinks & Carbonated Water Trading
- Fruits and Vegetables Trading
Cost of setting up a foodstuff trading business in Dubai Mainland:
Foodstuff Trading Business Setup Cost in Dubai Mainland
AED 29,999* (All-inclusive)
|UAE Company License + Company Registration|
|Flexi Desk – Office Space (with meeting rooms)|
|Immigration / Establishment Card|
|One Investor Visa with Medical & Emirates ID|
|UAE Sponsorship Fees|
|One-Free VAT Consulting Session|
|Tax Registration Number|
|Company Bank Account Assistance|
|Free Governmental Services / PRO services ( up to 10 Visas)|
|If you require to add an additional investor on the Commercial License||Visa Cost & Adding Name on License AED 4000 + AED 2000|
|Basic Medical Insurance||AED 880|
|Import-Export Code||AED 350|
|In case you need an English Name||AED 2000|
The above offer includes all the legalities and liaise with the relevant government department, associated with your start-up. It includes filling up application forms, processing requirements, finalizing legal documents, and all the PRO services will be given like investor visa, labour visa, employee visa, typing, labour card contract etc.
Learn more about Dubai foodstuff trading business:
Still not sure how to start a foodstuff trading business in Dubai Mainland? Get a business setup consultation for FREE. To get in touch with our business setup consultant call us on +97144081900 or WhatsApp us on +971507775554 to request a callback.