Tourism is at the top of the list when it comes to Dubai’s diversified commercial sector. Several corporate giants, industries and organizations invest in Dubai hotel industries or Dubai’s tourism, because of the variety of futuristic projects and iconic landscapes.
As per the reports, with increasing number of magnets wanting to capitalize on hotel business in Dubai, early 2017 saw a supply growth of 5.6 percent in the hotel sector. Moreover, with the city continually investing in tourism infrastructure, ease in visa regulations for several countries and global events has made the hotel business in Dubai is extremely demand.
If you are among the several investors wanting to start a hotel business in Dubai, then here are the factors and requirements you need to know:
CHECK THE VARIANCES: Dubai has specific legal and judicial requirements that are more or less similar for all businesses and industries. However, there are several variances in terms of the requirements for a hotel business in Dubai. For example - A hotel business needs to acquire a tourism license in Dubai, while most businesses need a trade license. Thus, do not simply follow the same procedures, rather check, gauge and know the variances.
APPOINT A MANAGER: Establishing a hotel business in Dubai requires a manager that has relevant qualification and approved certification, through which he/she can hold the given position. The manager plays an important role in terms of ascertaining the requirements of the hotel industry as well as will also aid through the process of initial approval and licensing for the hotel business in Dubai.
GET THE INITIAL APPROVAL: After you know the provisions, as well as the variances, get the initial approval. To acquire an initial approval for a hotel business in Dubai you would require:
- An application form from the DED.
- Passport copy and IDs of the applicants.
- Location blueprints, plot maps and ‘building completion certificate’ for the hotel property.
- Classification card for the hotel business.
- Passport copy of the Manager with educational certification and experience letters.
- DTCM (Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing) approved ‘certificate of good conduct.’
- Approval from the Dubai general police headquarters.
GET THE LICENSE: A tourism license in Dubai is required for a hotel business. To get a license a list of paperwork and approvals are needed, a gist of them are as follows;
- Fee receipt of the initial approval
- Trade name certificated and related payment receipts
- ‘No objection certificate’ in case of an international group or brand of hotels
- Minimum three months of tenancy contract approved by the landlord
- Ejari certification for the hotel property
- Documents required for the initial approval and pertinent certifications
- Consent from the Dubai Municipality and related judicial bodies for sanitation, waste management, public health, etc.
PRINT THE LICENSE: The DTMC offers e-services through which you can print the license or collect it at the counter, to make things easier you can also appoint a business setup service provider, who would do the needful for you. Ultimately, to get you tourism license in Dubai you need all the information and documents at hand mentioned above with the receipts made for the permissions and the license fee. Once verified, the applicant can collect the licensee from DTMC.
Still clueless where to start from? Call Shuraa Business Setup and we will take care of all your requirements related to starting a hotel business in Dubai or anywhere in UAE.