Explained: Cosmetic product registration in Dubai
Dubai is one of the best places in the world for merchants to import, manufacture, re-export, and distribute a wide range of products, including cosmetics, food, health, and many others. On an international scale, the Emirates serves as a crossroads for trade between various markets. As a result, the country has made product registration mandatory before starting a cosmetic business.
The cosmetics industry is rapidly expanding. The Emirate of Dubai, one of the world’s highest per capita spenders on cosmetic products, is developing into one of the best beauty and personal care markets. Concerning the import and export of cosmetic products, the government imposes a mandatory Cosmetic Product Registration in Dubai.
What is the definition of Product Registration?
The procedure enables the CPSS (Consumer Products Safety Section) to assess the efficacy of cosmetics when used on exposed body parts like skin, hair, or nails. However, no cosmetic product will be produced, exported, imported, advertised, sold, or distributed in Dubai without the proper registration. The registration of cosmetic products is only good for five years.
Product Registration Regulations and Rules
The registered product is valid for 5 years from the date of issuance of the product registration certificate. Following the expiration of the validity period, the product will be evaluated before a government-approved renewal of registration.
- For distribution to the local market, Cosmetic Product Registration is necessary.
- Any company that wants to import, manufacture, distribute, or sell a cosmetic product must register it independently. The registration is valid on a company level and requires the presence of a valid trade / industrial license in the UAE with a related activity.
- The product must meet the recommended health and safety specifications outlined in the CPSS (Consumer Products Safety Section). One can then issue the Product Registration Certificate.
- If the product is rejected, a Product Assessment Report is generated. The product is not permitted to be distributed in the local market (not approved product).
Advantages of Cosmetic Product Registration in Dubai
- Rights to import and re-export
- Label protection
- Free trade-in and shipping outside of the UAE
- Brand protection
How to Register a Cosmetic Product in Dubai?
You must have a registered company in order to register your product. However, only a UAE company can apply for Dubai Municipality product registration, the company must have a trade license in the UAE. Cosmetic or general trading must be the business activity.
The following are the next steps:
The applicant must have a Certificate of Free Sales (CFS) issued by the health authority or a recognized body from the country of origin. A Data Analysis report on the product’s ingredients, chemical and physical properties from the manufacturing company. Furthermore, laboratory test report from the country of origin or the Dubai Central Laboratory is mandatory.
- Fill out a product registration form, you can get this from the Dubai Municipality office.
- The form must be completed in accordance with the technical instructions provided by the e-form program.
- Request a label evaluation for the product category. CPSS must receive a sample of each product. Submit only the product label design slip and the application details.
- Eventually, when the CPSS reviews the label, they issue a Cosmetic Label Assessment Report. The report includes the product description, details, and any comments for modifying the report as per requirements.
- The product labelling is the next step. The responsible party, which may include a manufacturer, importer, supplier, distributor, or retailer, must ensure that the products meet the mandatory information standard.
After reviewing everything, Dubai municipality office issues the original certificate.
Documents necessary for cosmetic product registration in Dubai are.
- Certificate of incorporation.
- Report from a laboratory test.
- Free sales certificate.
- The product’s analysis report.
Our specialists are in charge of reviewing, evaluating, and ensuring that your Cosmetic product registration documents adhere to the Dubai Municipality’s set of regulations. We understand how critical it is to get your product registration in the UAE.
If you are looking for company formation in Dubai, Our Team will help you complete the procedure and will guide you through the process of preparing the necessary documentation. Our team will oversee the entire process from start to finish. As a result, we guarantee that you will have a trouble-free experience with Cosmetic product registration. Call us at +971 44081900, send us a WhatsApp message at +971 507775554, or email us at email@example.com.