Everything about trade name registration in UAE?
Trade name is the official name of a business. Trade name registration is the first step of company registration in UAE. Prior to proceeding with trade licence issuance formalities, all companies in the UAE need to reserve their trade name through trade name registration.
Company name registration in UAE does provides an identity to the business. However, as per the UAE commercial law there are a few instructions that must be considered, especially in the process of LLC company registration in UAE.
Why is a trade name registration in UAE?
Trade name registration is nothing but company name registration in UAE’s Economic Department. Registering your company’s trade name with approvals by the Department of Economic Development is mandatory.
What is the time required for trade name registration?
Trade name registration do not take more than 24 hours and the company name can be reserved within a day.
Types of trade name registrations not approved by the DED
• Trade name registration basically means that you are reserving a name for your company. Similar trade name must not be registered by other commercial entity. Trade names need to be unique, if a duplicate name is registered authorities will not approve of it.
• A trade name is not registered in the UAE if the trade name breaches the public order or moral. Also, misleading trade names are not approved by the DED authority. The DED ensures that the company name registration in UAE must be done in accordance to the commercial activity.
• The businessowner must also ensure that the trade name registration does not contain the name of “Allah” (God) or any other religious names. Trade name registrations affiliated with the ruling authority are also not allowed.
How to register trade name in UAE?
Trade name registration in UAE can be done simply by filling up an application with the Economic Department. However, documents need to be submitted along with the application and trade name registration fees must be paid at the counter.
You can register your trade name online as well as offline in the UAE. If you would like Shuraa Business Setup to register the trade name with the Economic Department, we can do it in the easiest ways.
What is the trade name registration fees?
Trade name registration fees in UAE may differ depending on the Economic Department; the Emirates you decide to register your business and the trade name that you choose.
However, the nominal charges as per the Dubai Economic Department are listed below –
• Trade name registration fees in Dubai is AED 620.
• In case you want a foreign name, the trade name registration fees in Dubai will be AED 2000
If you would like to know the trade name registration fees in any other Emirates of UAE or want to know new company registration fee in UAE, speak with an expert!
Book a free consultation with Shuraa Business Setup. Call us on +97144081900 / +97143510077 or WhatsApp on +971507775554. Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with a live agent on our website https://www.shuraa.com/