In the last few years, the UAE has transformed itself into one of the world’s fastest-growing economies. The country’s benign tax policies, lucrative economic environment created by its visionary government, world-class infrastructure and strategic location providing global connectivity, add to the ease of conducting business. Abu Dhabi has been an ideal destination for business owners as well as aspiring entrepreneurs from across the world. Thanks to the affordable cost of getting a trade license in Abu Dhabi.
Setting up a business in Abu Dhabi is a wise option for companies as it is one of the most affordable Emirates for commercial activities. Therefore, you get a two-year Abu Dhabi commercial license at the price of one or even lesser.
The trade licenses on Abu Dhabi Mainland are regulated by the Abu Dhabi Department of Economic Development (ADDED).
In this article, we will explore in detail, the types of trade licenses in Abu Dhabi, documents required, and the approximate prices as well as process involved in company registration in Abu Dhabi.
In the Abu Dhabi Mainland jurisdiction, three types of license options are available for all new establishments / industries / activities / companies:
‘Tajer Abu Dhabi’
- This Abu Dhabi Mainland business license can be availed exclusively by the residents of the UAE Basically, entrepreneurs who have a valid residency visa and an Emirates ID are eligible to acquire the Tajer Abu Dhabi license
- Only individuals can have company ownership. This implies that ‘Tajer Abu Dhabi’ is not applicable for a corporate office or a shareholding company structure
- Regardless of the nature of business activity, non-UAE nationals can only form a Limited Liability Company (LLC). Therefore, whether your company offers professional services or is engaged in trading activities, the structure has to be that of an LLC
- The license comes with a default quota for three employee visas
- More than 2500 activities qualify for the ‘Tajer Abu Dhabi’ trade license. Under this license, the businessowners do not require to have an office space for up to first two years
- To apply for the ‘Tajer Abu Dhabi’ license, companies do not require a no-objection certificate (NOC) from their existing visa sponsor
- This trade license can be processed within two to three working days
- Copy of passport
- Copy of residency visa
- Emirates ID
- Verified UAE pass account
Instant trade license in Abu Dhabi
- Any interested parties, including residents and visitors and avail instant trade license in Abu Dhabi
- The small business license in Abu Dhabi allows a combination of trading as well as professional and service-oriented business activities
- More than 2,500 activities qualify for instant trade license in Abu Dhabi without having an office space for the first year of business
- The license comes with a default visa quota for up to three employees
- You do not need to obtain an NOC from current visa sponsor to apply for instant business license
- You can get the instant license in Abu Dhabi in just one working day
- Copy of passport
- Copy of UAE visa
Normal business license in Abu Dhabi
- Like instant license in Abu Dhabi, anyone can apply for a normal business license in Abu Dhabi
- Furthermore, a foreign company can also own shares in this business model
- For expatriates, the legal structure can either be an LLC or a sole establishment depending on the business activity
- However, to apply for a general trading license in Abu Dhabi, having an office / renting a commercial space is mandatory
- There are no restrictions on number of employee visas you can apply for under the normal business license
- This license is usually processed within five to seven working days
- Copy of passport
- Copy of UAE visa
Get started with Shuraa Business Setup
You need to prepare several documents to the concerned authorities while applying for any kind of company trade license in Abu Dhabi, including commercial license Abu Dhabi and instant license in Abu Dhabi. Connect with Shuraa and we will help you acquire your Abu Dhabi business license in a seamless manner. Besides assistance with documentation, we also assist you with an array of niche services required for your company formation. Our advisors will also provide with the break-up of business license costs in Abu Dhabi.
To speak to our corporate legal advisors for free, simply give us a call +971 44081900 or send a WhatsApp message on +971 507775554. For email assistance, you can write to us at email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
You can follow the below-mentioned process to obtain a trade license in Abu Dhabi:
- Choose the license type
- Enlist the business activities
- Pick a legal structure
- Register a trading name for your venture
- Submit your application for initial approval by the DED
- Find a local sponsor
- Sign a Memorandum of Association (MOA)
- Find a location to incorporate your business and secure a tenancy contract
You can secure a business license in Abu Dhabi for around AED 25,000 based on your business activities. Furthermore, the overall trade license Abu Dhabi cost also includes an additional fee for using a foreign trading name, and you also need to pay a yearly Abu Dhabi trade license renewal fee.
You need to review your tenancy contract, attain approvals from various administrative authorities, and file your renewal application. Once you’re done with these steps, simply pay the Abu Dhabi trade license renewal fee from the payment voucher.