How To Get a Virtual Company License in Dubai
Starting a company in Dubai just got easier with virtual company license coming into the picture. The virtual company license is a joint initiative of Dubai economy, Dubai International financial centre, General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs, Smart Dubai, and Supreme Legislation Committee. Dubai Virtual Company License enables investors and freelancers from all around the world to set up their businesses without having to stay in the UAE. People from 101 countries are eligible to apply for a virtual company license. It covers sectors such as technology, media & entertainment, creative sectors such as design, etc., and various service sectors. Read on to know more about virtual business license in Dubai.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR THE VIRTUAL COMPANY LICENSE IN DUBAI
- Virtual Company License cannot be issued to residents of the UAE
- Owner of the virtual company in Dubai must be a tax-paying citizen from any of the 101 approved countries. Visit VCC’s official website to view the list of approved countries
- Only a few business activities are eligible for a virtual company license. Activities such as computer programming, consultancy, design in fields such as fashion, jewelry, interiors, etc.
It should be noted that virtual business owners in Dubai are subject to corporate or income tax in the country where they are based. The company will be subjected to VAT if the revenue of a virtual company in the UAE exceeds $100 per annum. In this scenario, the virtual company license holder will have to register the company with the UAE’s Federal Tax Authority.
How to Apply Online for the Dubai Virtual Company License
Follow the steps given below to apply for a virtual business license in Dubai:
1. Register your company
To initiate the process of registration of your company, visit the Dubai Virtual Commercial City’s official website, fill the application form, and provide all the required information. At this stage, you will also need to provide your trade license name and define the business activity that you intend to carry out.
2. Upload your documents
Following are the documents required to apply for a virtual company license:
- A copy of your passport (with more than 3 months validity)
- Proof of address (any utility bill or official letter, not more than 3 months old)
- Proof of tax residency (if you are not from any of the approved countries)
- A recent photograph with a white background (not more than 3 months old)
3. Track the status of your application
The authentication process will start once your application is submitted. The Dubai Government will carry out a background check. The authentication process usually takes around a month. Once the process is complete, you will receive an email confirming the approval or rejection of your application.
4. Confirm your identification at VFS Global
After receiving the approval, you will need to visit VFS Global for identification and passport verification. You can book an appointment with VFS Global on their website or send an email at [email protected]. The booking charges for the visit are AED 300.
5. Pay the fees for the virtual business license
After successfully validating your identity at VSF Global, you will need to pay the fees for your Dubai Virtual Company License. You can pay the fees through VCC’s official payment gateway on its website, provided by the Dubai Government’s Smart Dubai. This Virtual Company License fee depends on the validity of the license. The total cost of the Virtual Company License is AED 850, that is, AED 650 per year for the virtual company license and AED 200 for the company name.
Reach out to us for more information on a virtual company license. Our business setup consultants can help you with the entire process. Call us on +97144081900 or message us on WhatsApp on +971507775554. You can also drop us an email at [email protected].