All about setting up a business in Jebel Ali Freezone
Jebel Ali Freezone is one of the leading destinations for company formation in the world. Situated in the Emirate of Dubai Jebel Ali offers freezone and offshore company structures.
In 1985 His Highness Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum inaugurated Jebel Ali Freezone with only 19 companies. However, today the trade zone is a prime business jurisdiction with thousands of multinational and global fortune companies. It also aids SMEs and sole entrepreneurs in the region. Jebel Ali Freezone also called JAFZA has evolved as a diversified business base contributing towards Dubai economy immensely. Jebel Ali has companies from over 100 countries, delivering thousands of jobs opportunities and attracting direct foreign investment.
- Jebel Ali Freezone has the largest cargo airports.
- The region also conjoins the Jebel Ali Sea Port – the world’s 7th largest container port. Jebel Ali Freezone is placed in the most accessible location.
- Certified by the ISO Jebel Ali Freezone offers prebuilt warehouses, offices and world-class business infrastructure options.
- Jebel Ali Freezone also offers 100% foreign ownership and limited taxation liabilities.
- The region has no restriction on repatriation of capital and profits and no currency restrictions.
- Jebel Ali Freezone also provides long term permission to mortgage, lease and own premises on leased land.
- Jebel Ali Companies bids on some unique benefits such as access to abundant energy, cost-effective for manufacturing and production units.
- The location offers competent connectivity opportunities, the trade zone is setup on a huge geographical area making it possible to provide wide area of warehouse as well.
There are some criteria that one needs to acknowledge before setting up a company in Jebel Ali Freezone.
- The first factor of attention is licensing, under a Jebel Ali freezone company setup, the licenses required are General Trading License, Trading License, Service License or National Industrial License depending on your company activity.
- Free Zone Establishment (FZE) and Free Zone Company (FZCO) – the FZE and FZCO applicants can avail of JAFZA’s unique offer of forming a company as a separate legal entity.
- An FZE can be formed with a single shareholder with a minimum capital of AED 1 million. An FZCO can be formed with 2 to 5 shareholders with a minimum capital of AED 500,000. Other options available are formation of a Branch Company or Special Status Non-Resident Offshore Companies.
JAFZA has also achieved a milestone in generating revenue from trading activities. The region has made a significant influence towards other sectors such as transportation, hospitality, tourism, and more.
If you have made up your mind to start a business in Jebel Ali Freezone get in touch with Shuraa Business Setup.
At Shuraa Business Setup our experts will take care of all the aspects with accurate analysis based on research and facts with regards to your business activity. We have the finest advisories that will assist you with comprehensive information, Contact Shuraa Business Setup now!