A trade license is a mandatory requirement for every business entity in Dubai or anywhere across the UAE. Before you start your business, it is important to factor in the cost of a trade license in Dubai and understand which license is best suited for your business activity. You must also take into consideration business licensing procedures and related government permits.
Before we get to the trade license fees in Dubai, let us consider a few frequently asked questions about Dubai trade licenses.
Why do you need a trade license to do business in Dubai?
- A trade license identifies you and your business enterprise.
- With a Dubai trade license, your business can take accountability for your commercial activities.
- Having a trade license in Dubai protects the public’s interest and ensures safety through procedural measures.
- A trade license in Dubai will allow you to participate in profitable government-introduced measures.
Who provides the trade license in Dubai?
The Department of Economic Development in Dubai, also referred to as DED, is the authority that issues and approves business licenses in Dubai. If you are looking for a trade license elsewhere in the UAE then the respective Economic Department of that emirate will issue the trade license.
What are the types of trade licenses available in Dubai?
Acquiring a specific type of trade license in Dubai varies depending on the business activity. There are mainly four types of trade licenses offered by the Department of Economic Development (DED). In some instances, jurisdictions may also ascertain the type of trade license for your business. Dubai has several jurisdictions, and each has its own licensing requirements.
- Businesses involved in trading or any other commercial activity require a commercial license in Dubai.
- A company engaged in industrial activities needs an industrial license.
- A service-oriented business requires a professional license in Dubai.
- Businesses involved in services related to travel and tourism require a Dubai tourism license.
Does a trade license in Dubai require renewal?
Yes, a trade license in Dubai must be renewed annually. Trade license renewal procedures must be tracked and monitored. Delay in applying for the renewal levies penalty as well as may lead to banning of the business license or freezing all the business activities.
Now that you have gained basic knowledge about trade licenses in Dubai, here is what you must know about trade license fees in Dubai.
A trade license cost in Dubai will be anywhere between AED 15,000 to AED 50,000 (approx.) or even more. Cost of a business license depends on different variables such as having a company sponsor, multiple partners, business activity, the region of the business establishment, location of the company, business structure, etc. Also, mainland businesses in Dubai and free zone companies have different trade license requirements and costs. Thus, the exact cost of a trade license in Dubai can only be derived once these factors are addressed.
To get the customised cost of a trade license in Dubai, talk to our consultants at Shuraa Business Setup. You can speak with our business setup experts for FREE to learn about the most suitable and affordable trade licenses in Dubai. Call us on +97144081900 or WhatsApp us on +971507775554. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org